The Alabama Chapter-American Academy of Pediatrics (AL-AAP) is not only the professional home of practicing pediatricians across Alabama, but also the best place for Alabama medical students to take important first steps in developing career-long bonds with our state’s pediatricians and professional habits to build in their journey to become a pediatrician.
Here are some ways that the AL-AAP is working with and for medical students, as well as resources and helpful links.
How medical students benefit from membership in the Alabama Chapter-AAP (and membership is FREE for students!)
Waived conference registration fees
- 2018 Annual Meeting: September 28 – 30, 2018, Hyatt Regency Birmingham-The Wynfrey Hotel
- 2019 Spring Meeting: May 2 – 5, 2019, Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort, Destin, FL (limited scholarships; apply here.)
- Important connections to practicing pediatricians, including mentorship opportunities!
- Advocacy Sessions. Chapter leaders can provide education to medical students on advocacy and AAP involvement.
- Advocacy Opportunities
- All of the general benefits of Chapter membership.
- Alabama Chapter-AAP One-Page Info Sheet for Students
- Chapter meeting dates/registration
- Advocacy Resources - a "How to"
AAP National Links
- AAP Mentorship Program
- Section on Pediatric Trainees (SOPT)
- SOPT leadership opportunities
- SOPT National Conference & Exhibition Program information
- SOPT District X (includes Alabama) Contact Information & Newsletter
Want to get more involved?
Click here to let us know your passion!
Are you connected to the Chapter via social media? Connect now and share ideas in our online community.