HMGA Early Screening
Continuous Quality Improvement Collaborative
Children's of Alabama CME Activity Evaluation
PLACE: Via Internet Enduring Material Activity
SPEAKER: Myriam Peralta-Carcelen, MD, FAAP, ACHIA Clinical Expert; Professor of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham
TOPIC: Science and Tools of Developmental/Behavioral Screening
Upon completion of this internet enduring material activity, participants will be able to:
• Recognize how many children with developmental delays are undetected until school age.
• Differentiate between surveillance and screening
• Restate the steps for developmental and autism screening
• List the benefits of screening.
• Restate the purpose of each screen used in the collaborative
• Recognize the validity of each screen
• Summarize the copyright laws for each of the collaborative screens